NaNoWriMo starts on Saturday!
(on your mark…)
If you’re not familiar with NaNo, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month. Basically, almost writer on the planet holes up for 30 days to scratch out 50,000 words on a fury of caffeine and chocolate snacks. Some over achievers actually spit out an entire novel. If you make the 50k word goal, you won!
But I’m a NaNo rebel. While I do like Twitter word sprints and inspirational posts, I usually adjust the 50k goal so my body doesn’t putter out with migraines around week two (which it usually does).
And, I figure if I share my goals publicly this year, I will be held accountable.
Here are my goals (Dream big at this stage—we’re going to edit goals later):
- finish line editing RBRP
which includes Luka’s POV
importing my stack of hard edits
- receive and incorporate feedback from my 3 readers
- send to other 3 readers, receive and incorporate feedback
- go over agent list to query
- research self pubbing more (I’ve been really waffling with RBRP on this)
- start drafting TPT—30k
- move back into posting twice a week
Here’s a dose of reality (very important if I want to set realistic goals for myself. Remember to take into account holidays, illnesses, and even a freebee day or two.):