Top 5 characters I want to meet:
1) Hermoine. She’s smart and nerdy and finally somebody to do work with me two weeks in advance.
2) Annabeth Chase. She’s smart and wise (I’m sensing a theme here).
3) Twilight Sparkle from My Little Ponies (I know, I know. Leave me alone). She lives in a library and is super talented and smart. And she’s a unicorn.
4) July Numah (from my own book, 12). Just to convince myself her faults aren’t really my faults.
5) Elder. Integrity. Leader. Hot. Too bad both of us are taken.
We love characters. We’re drawn to them; we root for them; we cry for them; we imagine them our friends. And we wonder why can’t we be more like them, sometimes even narrating life events like a famous character. (Okay…maybe it’s just me…)
But we are like them.
We are characters in a story. Our own story.