The Liebester Award
Many thanks to Emy Sukenaga for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I didn’t even know it existed. But the award is a way for bloggers to nominate other fellow bloggers and help spread your name a little bit. I thought it’s a cool idea.
These are the rules I need to follow for the award:
- Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
- Share 11 random facts about yourself (so by the time this post is over, you’ll know way more about me than you probably ever wanted to know)
- Create 10 Questions for your nominees to answer
- Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them (Since my nominees are all writing-related, I’ll tailor my questions)
Here are the questions Emy asked me:
1. What is one lesson you’ve learned in the past year?
Considering I just finished my certificate in Christian Formation and Soul Care, like, two days ago this has been on my mind. . . in the past year I’ve been really amazed by how similar the creative process/doing art and giving soul care is. They overlap A TON. Both are a form a listening and receiving. I’d love to explore this further, especially since I’m creating every day.
2. How have you changed/grown in the past 5 years?
The biggest thing is probably a change in priorities. Growing up, I used to be a “go big or go home” type person. Until my body collapsed. Migraines weren’t new to me, I’ve had them since I was born. But they continued to grow steadily worse until they turned chronic. In the past 5 years I’ve really had to learn how to prioritize my body. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. Though I still dream big, living big has been replaced by living balanced. I’ve discovered this is a healthier way to live.
3. What is your favorite sport/activity/hobby besides blogging or writing?
PAINTING!!! watercolor mostly 🙂 Also reading. And eating brownies. I’m a professional brownie eater. And hot tubbing. With a good friend or family member. If I can eat brownies AND read WHILE in the hot tub WITH a friend = 8D.
4. What do you do when you have free time (again besides write or blog)?
I’m going to answer this a little differently. Because I have chronic health issues, I frequently have what people consider “free time”, or time I’m not writing or blogging. However, I don’t consider this free time because I can’t blog or write or read. When I have this “free time”, I usually listen to books on tape, or I paint, or turn down the volume waaaay down on my keyboard and play, or watch Netflix, or sleep. Or I hook up an IV to my arm and just inject liquid stories. Whatever gets it into my system faster 🙂