Hello blog of mine! It’s my first post for the new decade, so, like everybody…
I love the concept of The Body Institute–switching bodies for somebody else to lose weight for you. The Coloradan part of me wants to cheer and root, I’ll be the Reducer for other people!! I’ll help them lose weight!!
But let’s face it. I’m extraordinarily lazy. True story–when I’m at home, I wear stretchy pants so I don’t have to deal with buttons after going to the bathroom. And on the rare occasion I actually have jeans on…I don’t see the point in buttoning since I’m not in public and will only have to unbutton, like, an hour later.
Drives husband nuts.
So…reality…I’d definitely be hiring a Reducer.
If you only want to test your luck, then enter to win a $25 Amazon gift card here! (you have to scroll down a little on the page) I always think of gift cards in terms of book currency–as in, how many novels can I get with this?
Thanks to cutting-edge technology, Morgan can temporarily take over another girl’s body, get her in shape, and then return to her own body—leaving her client slimmer, more toned, and feeling great. Only there are a few catches…
For one, Morgan won’t remember what happens in her “Loaner” body. Once she’s done, she won’t recall walks with her new friend Matt, conversations with the super-cute Reducer she’s been text-flirting with, or the uneasy feeling she has that the director of The Body Institute is hiding something. Still, it’s all worth it in the name of science. Until the glitches start…
Suddenly, residual memories from her Loaner are cropping up in Morgan’s mind. She’s feeling less like herself and more like someone else. And when protests from an anti–Body Institute organization threaten her safety, she’ll have to decide if being a Reducer is worth the cost of her body and soul…
Carol was so kind and gave us the top 10 Reasons why we should be a Reducer at THE BODY INSTITUTE, where weight loss needs are met…
The Body Institute is an innovative weight loss clinic featured in the de
but sci-fi novel of the same name. The Institute uses the amazing technology of
Electromagnetic Resonance Transfer, or ERT, to download another person’s brainmap into another body to help that person lose
weight. Reducers are the workers who are hired to lose weight for a Loaner client.
Could YOU be a Reducer?
Here are 10 very good reasons to sign up at the Institute as a Reducer:
1. You could help others become healthier. You will improve people’s lives by reducing their risks of dangerous diseases like stroke, heart attacks, and diabetes.
2. You could help others become happier. Poor health and being overweight often cause depression, low self-esteem, and unnecessary time spent at doctors’ offices and hospitals. You could improve people’s lives by making them more satisfied with their bodies and appearance.
3. You could help people eliminate their tax fines. In the year 2033, once people are more than 20 pounds over their ideal weight and have kept that weight on longer than 6 months, SERIOUS FINES start happening. Becoming a Reducer is a perfect way for you to help them solve that problem.
4. You like a challenge, and don’t give up easily. How many people can say they’ve LITERALLY walked in someone else’s shoes? Or actively helped people do something that has been too difficult for them to do themselves? A Reducer accomplishes this, and isn’t afraid to sweat and work hard.
5. You crave new situations and experiences. If this is your personality, sign up! Your body will be safely stored in suspended animation while your mind is placed in someone else’s body. You’ll be exploring frontiers not many people have tread before.
6. The scientific tech rocks!! ERT is cutting-edge, forward-thinking technology. Imagine, swapping the consciousness of one person with another person’s. You’d be a part of that procedure, and experience it firsthand.
7. You are health-conscious, driven, and motivated. You will work hard to lose your client’s weight, toning his/her muscles, and eliminating junk food cravings. You’ll be helping people improve their lives—talk about a rewarding and satisfying job!
8. The program is extremely flexible. Depending on how much weight your Loaner needs to lose, the Institute offers 2-month, 3-month, 6-month, 9-month, and 12-month programs. You can accept or reject any Reducer assignment offered to you, depending on what fits your schedule.
9. At the Clinic, everything is provided to assist you with your client’s optimal weight loss. The Institute’s Clinic is where most Reducers carry out their assignments. This building features comfortable single dorm rooms, a weigh-in center, swimming pool, high-tech resistance/weight machines, and a cafeteria serving nutritious and sensible meals. All at no charge to you!
10. Let’s face it. The pay is outrageously and awesomely high. Do you need a major stash of credits to attend the college or tech school of your choice? Are you trying to get out of debt or wanting to buy a new car? Well, look no further than your nearest Institute facility.
Join The Body Institute now—for a healthier future.
I’m a YA writer represented by Kelly Sonnack of Andrea Brown Literary. My sci-fi novel THE
BODY INSTITUTE explores the themes of society, identity, and body image. I live in the beautiful, green state of Oregon and have a Studio Arts degree; I’m an SCBWI member.
You’ll usually find me in my writing cave, surrounded by my dragon collection and the
characters in my head. I also enjoy reading–mostly young adult novels–as well as drawing, painting, and quilting. I also attend writing conferences, walk with my husband, and enjoy music and dance of all kinds.